Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60 ft times are bad

Default 60 ft times are bad

Well, the car ran better overall last night but my 60 ft time are just horrible. I tried taking fuel away in 1st then adding it. I even cut the akly back after adding a few gallons 109 octane …..Did you know they charge 10 bucks a gallon for that stuff here in San Antonio! Anyways I just could not build any boost off the line. There is not enough time between the stage and the last yellow. If I just sit there after the light has changed to green then I can build 2 pounds of boost. My best time was a 12.8 @ 109 mph with a 2.1 60ft time. I ran seven times and most of my 60ft times were 2.2 sec. The torque converter is a 3000 stall but it is only stalling around 2700 rpm…..Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am almost certain the car will run low 12s once this is corrected. Thanks again.

Default ?

Did you get your DR?At 106 you are making the power.It doesn't take much tire spin to hurt your 60.

I am still running street tires ( 20psi) but I am not turning them over at all on a typical launch. I found out the other day if I sit there long enough (through the last yellow on the tree) I can build boost (6psi) and smoke them off. It just takes to long. I have learned that I might be dumping way to much fuel in first gear so I am trying to work that out now……Thanks

Default DR needed and soom Boost

You need too leave with all the boost you can.Its just a 6 When your car was stock your 60 1.8 The stock turbo spools faster than then te 60 and a 3000 converter hurts your 60ft.Like you said you can smoke your tires a 6LB.Get a set of DR .Build all the boost you can at the light and your off .And a good down pipe TA not Kirbans junk.

Thanks your input and advice. The temp is perfect here in San Antonio finally! The GN is running good…..new 3”down pipe, and exhaust system as suggested. The car is clicking through the ¼ mile @ 12.5 / 110mph on a hot day. I am expecting low 12s with the cooler temps . HOWEVER…….I am still unable to build boost at launch. ( I did have the opportunity to stage early once and build some boost but it took forever) I have tried taking fuel out of first gear but it does not see