SD2 Chip PL 2.68 Can't Enable Tune

Discussion in 'SD and SD2 Chip Support for Buicks' started by UnderBoost, Nov 12, 2018.

1. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

Ok..I pulled the ECM out, disconnected the harnesses, pulled the chip. Replaced everything and it started right up but still has the miss. No code picked up this time.

Attached Files:

2. EricM

EricM Administrator Staff Member

If it's a dead miss on one cylinder, I would start unplugging injectors individually while idling, until you get to the problem cylinder.

UnderBoost likes this.
  3. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

Hi Eric, Ok..checked all injector connections, grabbed a micro temperature laser to check heat in each cylinder. I found #3 was colder then the rest of them. I pulled the plug and put a new one in, same miss, grabbed a new plug wire same miss, swapped injector #3 with #1 now #1 is cold. Tapped on the injector like you had mentioned and there's no change still a miss.

4. EricM

If you want to send that injector to me, I can check it out.

5. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

Car has only been on E85 for a total of 30min

6. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

Ok will do!

7. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

Shipped! Should get there by Fri. I also put a couple chips in there since I have no use for them anymore.

8. EricM

Yes, and I sent you a replacement injector. You should receive it today sometime. Let me know how it goes.

9. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

No change still has a miss.

Attached Files:

10. EricM

Hi Brent,
    Unfortunately the log doesn't help with a miss. I can't really troubleshoot that from here. I assume you mean one cylinder is not firing. You narrowed it down to one cylinder not firing, and it followed the injector, so I sent a known working one. Is the same cylinder not firing?

Regards,
    Eric

11. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

No problem Eric ;)

Ok I'll need to figure it out. Car runs great on the 83's SD1 chip.

12. EricM

You can try the 83's with the SD2, just change the injector size parameter to 83. I can also check the whole set of 160's if it comes to that. I'm wondering if something about your ecm is having trouble controlling the 160's. Does it only miss at idle, or the whole time you're driving?

13. UnderBoost

UnderBoost Active Member

It starts right up unlike most E85 GNs I've started. At idle it's hard to tell the miss because of my cam. I need to get in and put it under load. Then you feel a mild miss. Driving it Sputters. Not sure how my 83's would do on E85. I just filled my fuel cell with it too. Lol damn

14. EricM

The 83's would just be for a test, low end driving. You're right, they're not big enough for much boost on your car. I'll study your log again to see if I can see where it's sputtering.